Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Harrison's First Christmas

This past week we celebrated our first Christmas as The Herrera Family!  I can not describe how much fun it is to celebrate the holidays with this little boy, watching him stare with amazement at all of the lights, trees, and ornaments.  Harrison's first Christmas was a wonderful balance between plenty of family and periods of peace and quiet. 

Friday evening we celebrated with my parents and my siblings (plus spouses and children).  We shared appetizers and Buca (YUM!) and mommy even treated herself to a glass of wine.  On a side note, I've quickly discovered that the relaxation and happiness that comes with a glass of wine does not outweigh the frustration and sadness that comes with having to "pump-and-dump." Harrison got to meet his Anderson cousins and hang out with his aunts and uncles.  He also received some very cute outfits, and his very own Elf on the Shelf.  I can't wait until he's old enough for us to start using it! 
Our first Elf!

Harrison and his cousin Nolan
Winston playing in the wrapping :)
Christmas eve was spent with my parents and my sister Emily.  This was the first year that I've celebrated Christmas eve with my family knowing that I wouldn't be seeing them Christmas Day for presents.Yes, I have been incredibly spoiled for the last 7 years with Daniel, and No, it did not make it any easier :) Daniel, Harrison and I opened our gifts from my family that evening after dinner.  Harrison received some great toys (some for now, and some for later), a lot of cute outfits and even pair of sunglasses to match!  I'm sure his favorite present of all was the wipe warmer, he definitely hates a cold wipe.  My sister gave me a Baby Bullet (think Magic Bullet, but for babies) which was an AWESOME gift and something I had no idea even existed.  I've always wanted to make homemade baby food and I'm so excited to start using it.  Only 2 more months and we can start incorporating solids into his diet.  I'm excited for all the new things coming up, but it makes me so sad to see how fast time is flying by!
Harrison and Auntie Emily

Harrison and Nana

The Baby Bullet!

Christmas Day we spent at Daniel's family.  Once again, Harrison was spoiled rotten!  He now has a bin full of toys waiting for him to develop the skills to use them.  For now, he just watches while I dangle them in his face :) This boy will also be sporting cute clothes for awhile.  We also got another car seat base from Grandma Cathy which will make all of our lives a lot easier!  Now Daniel and I don't have to play the "which car are you going to take" "who's taking the baby?" game.  It was so much fun opening gifts for Harrison, and I can only imagine how much fun it will be to one day watch his excitement when he can open them on his own. 
Toys!

With Auntie Brianna

With our first Christmas as a family over, we've learned that as with adults, the holidays are all about balance.  It was a delicate situation ensuring Harrison wasn't too overstimulated with all of the people and noise that he's not used to in his quiet little bubble inside our apartment but I think overall went well.  Only a few hiccups with him reminding us that he can "take it to the next level" in case we forgot. Now we can all relax and look forward to whats to come in 2012!

Finally I can sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment