Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Favorites

Lately, while spending my days with Harrison I'll find something about him that's just so cute I cant stand it.  I've decided to start a list of these adorable characteristics so that one day he can read about just how obsessed his mother is with him :)

* His feet.  This is a huge surprise to me, as in general I HATE feet.  Daniel and I have been together for over 7 years and I still freak out when his feet touch mine.  Its absurd really.  But there is something about Harrison's feet that are just so cute.  Every time I take off his onesie to change his diaper I kiss each of his feet. His little baby toes just make me want to bite them off :)

* This is kind of an add-on to the feet. Every time he gets a bottle, if you look at his feet he sits there and wiggles his toes until the bottle is gone. 5 minutes of just sitting there wiggling his toes. I love it.

* His pouty lower lip.  Simply stated, this kid can work the lower lip.  He is still discovering all of his facial expressions and it melts my heart to see his lower lip pout out (usually for no reason).  Its even cuter when he pouts it out and a second later he has a huge smile on his face. I have full confidence that one day he will begin using it to his advantage.  It has become my mission to capture a picture of it.

* The quiver. When Harrison sucks on his pacifier or bottle there is a pattern of suck, suck, suck, quiver.  You can see the whole pacifier quiver in his mouth.  If you're feeding him, you can actually feel it in the bottle.  He's been doing it since day one.  I have no idea why it happens, but it makes me laugh every time.

* His morning smile.  This little boy wakes up happy.  This in turn helps me to wake up happy :)  His bassinet is still located right next to my side of the bed so I quickly hear any change in his breathing, movements and have no trouble waking up to the sounds of him stirring.  We have a mesh breathable bumper pad on the sides of the bassinet--the bars are regulation so there's no real need for it, but we wanted something there just so he would have his own little space and could limit his distractions once put to bed.  Since it is a mesh bumper it is still see-through in the daylight, which means that each morning I look over to him looking at me with a smile. Melt my heart.

I'm sure there will be more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment