Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

4 Months Old!

This past weekend we celebrated Harrison's 4-month birthday!  It has been a very busy month with a lot of new activities, new skills and a some new adjustments too.

Still loves his feet


 Harrison and I started attending ECFE classes every Thursday for a few hours.  It has turned into a great outlet for us both, getting some mommy time in for me, and Harrison is loving hanging out with all of the babies and playing with all sorts of new toys.   I love watching him take everything in and "interact" with the other kids.  Of course I use the word interact loosely, but its great how even at such a young age they are able to take it all in.

Harrison and Noelle at ECFE
 A few weeks back now I went back to work part time and am now working 2 days week as an RN.  I wont lie, I do enjoy the time away from Harrison and take advantage of having adult conversations.  That being said, by about noon I'm ready to go home and snuggle my little man.  While I'm working, Harrison has been staying with Diana and her 4-month old Noelle.  Those two babies are so cute together I can hardly stand it.  I love knowing he's in good hands and its obvious how much fun he has over there.

Harrison has had some major developments in the last month!  He finally conquered rolling over and is now able to roll both from back-to-tummy, and back again.  A few times he's actually log-rolled his way across the living room.   He is also laughing now.  His little giggles are adorable, but I have to say his out-and-out laugh is hysterical.  Mainly he laughs at random noises and faces, but we have discovered that he has a very ticklish neck.  All it takes is a little tickle or a raspberry to the neck and he laughs like crazy.

 Harrison has also started teething. Dun dun dun....  This has turned into quite an investment on my part.  From freezer toys, vibrating toys, Sophie le Giraffe, wet wash cloths, Orajel, teething tablets and Tylenol, nothing seems to quite outrank his finger.  It is very hard to see him in pain and I am anxiously awaiting for these little buggers to break through the gums.

Harrison and "Sophie"
The beginning of teething seemed to come just about the same time as Harrison's 4-month growth spurt.  He has been eating like crazy--upwards of 40 oz a day--and sleeping like...well crap.  He has forgone sleeping though the night (something that after 3.5 months, Mommy and Daddy had grown quite accustomed to) and will very rarely nap unless forced.  We're coping the best we can, but getting up multiple times a night without any real reason (not hungry, no dirty diaper...) is getting quite old.  I know part of this is due to the teething and the growth spurt, but part of me also feels that its because Harrison is never put to bed awake.  He is always asleep when we transfer him to his bed--and up until now, we didn't feel the need to fix what wasn't broke.  At this point I would love nothing more than to sleep train Harrison into going to bed in his crib while awake, but I've read some very mixed reviews on at what age it should be started.  Which of course makes me wonder....if I cant sleep train yet, is there anything I can do to get things back the way they were? Sigh.


Daniel, Harrison and I took advantage of the amazing weather we've had the last few days and took Harrison on his first walk outside.  We've had plenty of walks indoors, but there was something great about walking outside in the sunshine.  We also purchased a front carrier this weekend, I can't wait to start using it!

Harrison's first walk outside

Looking out the window at Nana's.
Harrison's 4-month doctor appointment was supposed to be this morning, but unfortunately doctors get sick too and we had to reschedule for this Thursday.  I'm excited to see how much bigger he is since his last appointment two months ago.  Not so excited for the vaccinations...yuck.  One thing I do know is that Harrison has gotten a whole lot bigger!  Its amazing how the transformation is so subtle and sometimes unnoticeable since we are with him everyday, but there is no doubt Harrison is growing up fast!

Monthly birthdays 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment